Frozen Coconut Yogurt Pomegranate Bites!
Living in Los Angeles definitely has its perks. Most notably, our nearly perfect weather year round. Even as fall sets in throughout the country, we’re enjoying 70 and sunny, meaning we can still indulge in frozen desserts while sitting outdoors in the middle of November! I tried making these frozen coconut yogurt pomegranate bites, and they are divine! The perfect sweet treat to satisfy your ice cream craving, they’re packed with antioxidant-rich pomegranate seeds and vegan, dairy-free yogurt, giving it the perfect creamy kick. Keep reading for the full recipe and benefits!
Pomegranate Nutrition Benefits:
- Pomegranates have been used for thousands of years for their medicinal properties
- Composed of hundreds of phytochemicals, this ‘superfruit’ aids in immunity support, fertility and prevention of chronic disease
- Vitamin C Rich: The juice from one pomegranate contains 40% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C. Collagen production thrives on sufficient levels of Vitamin C, which is why pomegranates have been said to help improve skin texture
- Antioxidant-Rich: Pomegranates are full polyphenols, which give them their rich red color. These are powerful antioxidants that give pomegranates their healing properties. As a result, pomegranates contain higher antioxidant levels than most other fruits, including fruit juices, and are actually 3x more antioxidant-rich than green tea. Antioxidants help to combat free radicals that cause cell damage and reduce inflammation
- Helps to protect memory: Studies have shown that the antioxidants in pomegranates have been shown to slow the onset and development of Alzheimer’s and protect memory
How’s that for benefits!?
- 2 cups SO Delicious dairy-free coconut yogurt
- 1 cups sifted organic coconut powdered sugar (this can be made by blending 1/2 cup of coconut sugar in a food processor)
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds (about 2 pomegranates)
- Add the coconut yogurt and powdered sugar to a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Transfer contents to a bowl and whisk in pomegranates
- Pour mixture into a square ice cube tray
- Freeze for 2-3 hours