Hunger Curbing Blueberry Bliss Smoothie
I love making smoothies because it’s a simple way to sneak proteins, superfoods, fruits, and veggies into your diet. The best part is, they’re completely customizable so load them up with whatever you’re in the mood for! Blueberries are low in calories and full of fiber, to help keep you full throughout the morning. With the right combination of healthy fats, fiber and protein, this hunger curving, blueberry bliss smoothie is the perfect breakfast to kickstart your morning!
Take a look at the nutrition benefits below:
- Naturally Hydrating: Blueberries are about 84% water
- Vitamin C Rich: One cup of blueberries provides 24% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C
- Helps to Improve Skin: Collagen depends on Vitamin C as an essential nutrient. Together, it works to prevent skin damage and enhance overall skin texture
- Aids in Maintaining Healthy Bones: Blueberries contain iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and vitamin K. These essential vitamins are actually all natural components of your bone. By consuming sufficient amounts of blueberries, you’re actually helping to build and maintain a healthy bone structure.
- Promotes Heart Health: Blueberries contain fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and phytonutrient that all help support a healthy heart
- Reduces Risk of Disease: A naturally antioxidant-rich superfood, blueberries can reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases by reducing inflammation and combatting free radicals
- Boosts Brain Function: Blueberries contain flavonoids known for their antioxidant effects. These plant metabolites protect brain cells from damage, ultimately lowering your chances of experiencing a cognitive decline that could lead to dementia.
How’s that for health benefits!?
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup SO Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 Scoop Garden of Life, Raw Organic Vanilla Plant Protein
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth
- I like to add hemp seeds, chia seeds, and coconut shavings on top for some extra fiber and flavor!