The Ultimate Autumn Elixer
The Ultimate Autumn Elixer” is my go-to elixer for an ultimate immune boost. As the weather is cooling down, I like to warm with this fall yummy drink! I love this recipe because it can be made as the perfect fall cocktail when entertaining, or as a mocktail for my pregnant mamas! And you’ll still be able to enjoy some of the health benefits either way! Check out the benefits and recipe below:
- Lemon: Immune booster, helps to fight viruses & flush out toxins.
- Honey: Powerful antioxidant, supports good bacteria. Helps to regulate digestion
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Kills off bacteria & viruses. Helps stabilize blood sugar.
- Cinnamon: Fights against bacteria & fungus that builds up in the body.
How’s that for health benefits!?
- ¾ cup water
- 1 – 2 teaspoons honey, to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice to taste
- 1 lemon round
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a teapot or saucepan, bring the water to a simmer.
- Pour the hot water into a mug.
- Add honey, lemon juice, cinnamon and apple cider vinegar.
- For extra taste, add 1 teaspoon honey for more sweetness, and/or 1 teaspoon more lemon juice for more zing.
- Garnish with a lemon round and cinnamon stick. Enjoy!